Skip to main content

Maine Chand Aur Sitaron Ki Tmanna Ki Thee ...I had been expecting moon and stars !!!

LEST ANYONE MAY curse or accuse 
this transparent man, I shriek and shout
   Listen to me please. 
    
I swear , my bretheren,
THERE IS NO hint nor
 even an
iota of 
indirect REFERENCE 

TO PRE 1997 PENSIONERS.(who are of course my bosom friends of yore)



Movie/Album: चन्द्रकान्ता (1956)
Music By: एन दत्ता
Lyrics By: साहिर लुधियानवी
Performed By: मो. रफ़ी


मैंने चाँद और सितारों की तमन्ना की थी
मुझको रातों की सियाही के सिवा कुछ ना मिला
मैंने चाँद और सितारों की...

i wished for moon and stars
Sans the dark ink that draws  the night
Nothing else could I get.

मैं वो नग़मा हूँ जिसे प्यार की महफ़िल ना मिली
वो मुसाफ़िर हूँ जिसे कोई भी मंज़िल ना मिली
ज़ख़्म पाएँ हैं, बहारों की तमन्ना की थी
मैंने चाँद और सितारों की...

I am the illusion, the song that saw no sight of love
I am also the traveler who reached no goal.
Wounds I sustained ever wishing for springs
I wished for moon and stars.



किसी गेसू, किसी आँचल का सहारा भी नहीं
रास्ते में कोई धुँधला सा सितारा भी नहीं
मेरी नज़रों ने नज़ारों की तमन्ना की थी
मैंने चाँद और सितारों की...

Wherever I stare,  no help is seen or felt
Wandering though I see not even a dim star
While my eyes always wished 
Those serene scenes  ...
I had hoped for moon and stars.


मेरी राहों से जुदा हो गई राहें उनकी
आज बदली नज़र आती हैं निगाहें उनकी
जिनसे इस दिल ने सहारों की तमन्ना की थी
मैंने चाँद और सितारों की...


My journey and ways were so one with him
This day, it looks , his sights see somewhere, not me
He was one whom my heart hoped for help............. 
I had hoped for moon and stars....

प्यार माँगा तो सिसकते हुए अरमान मिले
चैन चाहा तो उमड़ते हुए तूफ़ान मिले

डूबते दिल ने किनारों की तमन्ना की थी
मैंने चाँद और 

I begged for love, got hiccups in return
Solace and peace I needed, 
Severe storms I faced.
Drowning deep, I wished for shores...
I wished for moon and stars..

*************************************************************************************************************************
Wait ! 
someone calls me in my cell: 
What ?

Louder please !  I say. 

No more translation Editor Sir,!

I am already crying.
Dont provoke me again and again.
This is my warning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Achyutha,Anantha,Govinda namocharana beshajath nasyanti sakala rohath ,Satyam satyam vadhamyaham"

Appeal by Sridharan G.N 6:02 PM (13 minutes ago) FAITH AND PRAYER  deserve to be considered as one of the weapons to fight the virus menace. It is  not without purpose that even the Westerners believe in the old dictum - 'many things are wrought by prayers'. Gandhiji said that the tenets of Hindu religion and faith has universal application .Our ancient texts do prescribe prayers as a panacea for all human ailments. For instance in Mahabharata - vide Dwadasa nama pancharam an appendix to Vishnu Sahasranamam - a sloka in the words of Bishma pitamah runs as follows: "Achyutha,Anantha,Govinda namocharana beshajath nasyanti sakala rohath ,Satyam satyam vadhamyaham" That is, he swears that uttering the various names of the Lord will cure a person  of  ALL his diseases.In another sloka it is said that even water from holy Ganga can be good enough a medicine (oushadam) if only we believe the Lord (sriman Narayana) as the doctor.(vaidy

Swami Sarvapriyananda | Guided Yoga Nidra ( Yogic Sleep ). MUST TRY !!!

SELF DECLARATION BY CLAIMANTS IN CASE OF HOSPITALISATION (DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED TOO) IRDA DECISION.