Skip to main content

We feel sad

The news of the demise of Shri. VK Murthy Retd.Sr BM chennai yesterday(15/11) has indeed been a very saddening one for all his close friends like me. A soft spoken person with an amiable temperament, Shri Murthy was known more as a fine human being than as just an erstwhile colleague in LIC for many of us. He was not only a good performer officially, but was also deeply concerned about the welfare of the officers and their families.He was an active worker for the cause of officers and held many positions in the chennai Association until about a couple of years back when he took seriously ill.
                        I would like to share with all the readers of this message an episode concerning me and shri. Murthy which will illustrate his lofty trait of real and genuine friendship. I had taken voluntary retirement from  LIC in 1991 for contesting the elections to the state Legislative Assembly. Having known I was to visit the Zonal office to collect my cheque for my terminal benefits, he was waiting for me on the particular day at the reception lounge of LIC building. As soon as as I came out of the lift he took me aside and said ''I am nobody to question your wisdom of choosing to venture into the murky field of electoral politics but I am convinced that you should now be more concerned with the welfare of your family .I suggest that you  invest the major portion of your retirement money in the jeevan Akshy scheme. I am asking you to do so not because I want to boost the business of my Branch and in fact I will be passing  on your proposal to the neighbouring branch of LIC ''Reluctantally I gave a cheque to him for Rs.1 lac out of the then meagre Service benefits based on pre 92 emoluments. Murthy did exactly as  promised and I am receiving an annuity of Rs 1000/p.m  till date for the past 26 years from LiC.That was Mr. V K Murthy. 
                      May his soul rest in peace and his tribe increase!!
GN Sridharan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Achyutha,Anantha,Govinda namocharana beshajath nasyanti sakala rohath ,Satyam satyam vadhamyaham"

Appeal by Sridharan G.N 6:02 PM (13 minutes ago) FAITH AND PRAYER  deserve to be considered as one of the weapons to fight the virus menace. It is  not without purpose that even the Westerners believe in the old dictum - 'many things are wrought by prayers'. Gandhiji said that the tenets of Hindu religion and faith has universal application .Our ancient texts do prescribe prayers as a panacea for all human ailments. For instance in Mahabharata - vide Dwadasa nama pancharam an appendix to Vishnu Sahasranamam - a sloka in the words of Bishma pitamah runs as follows: "Achyutha,Anantha,Govinda namocharana beshajath nasyanti sakala rohath ,Satyam satyam vadhamyaham" That is, he swears that uttering the various names of the Lord will cure a person  of  ALL his diseases.In another sloka it is said that even water from holy Ganga can be good enough a medicine (oushadam) if only we believe the Lord (sriman Narayana) as the doctor.(vaidy

Swami Sarvapriyananda | Guided Yoga Nidra ( Yogic Sleep ). MUST TRY !!!

SELF DECLARATION BY CLAIMANTS IN CASE OF HOSPITALISATION (DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED TOO) IRDA DECISION.